If you exercise regularly, and especially if you’re an athlete or fitness professional, you already know the importance of supplements for maintaining performance. A nutritionally adequate diet and plenty of fluids are just one part of maximizing your efforts. Taking the right active lifestyle supplement can help you train harder, gain a competitive edge, and improve your performance. See why a supplement is one important step toward being your best self.
Supplements for maintaining performance
Maintaining an active lifestyle plays a crucial role in optimizing your health. Activity keeps your joints lubricated, muscles strengthened, and your tendons and ligaments flexible. Active people of all types and levels of ability want to be able to get the most out of their activity, enhance their performance levels, and reduce their recovery time. Beyond balanced nutrition, the right supplement offers support before, during, and after your physical activity. Many of the nutrients you get from your diet are used up throughout your exercise routine and need to be replenished, while there are other nutrients that assist with muscle health, joint support, and recovery.
Supplements that make a difference
The health benefits of physical activity include enhanced mood, healthy muscles, stronger bones, and more longevity. Taking a supplement like ASEA® VIA® LifeMax adds the nutritional and metabolic support you need for your active lifestyle. It’s important to know what’s in your supplement, how it functions, and how it can help you thrive. An active lifestyle supplement counters the effects of physical stress, natural aging, and cellular damage using nutrients that support crucial areas of wellness to help you get the most mileage out of your life.
The right nutrients
The cells in our bodies are the foundation of health. While no one can escape aging, you can counter its effects by optimizing your cellular health and taking a supplement for maintaining performance with ingredients that support your active lifestyle at any stage. Here are the ingredients you should look out for:
- Turmeric extract is a powerful botanical that helps support your body’s natural inflammatory response. It aids in the protection of your cells against the stresses of endotoxins (toxins present when a cell disintegrates). Turmeric also helps with the buildup of damaging proteins that occur after injury and helps maintain normal cholesterol levels. Those same anti-inflammatory properties that make turmeric such a powerhouse for fighting heart issues also help reduce inflammation and pain after your workout. It has been cited in helping improve muscle recovery and boosting overall exercise performance.
- Green tea is a superfood powerhouse that supports your body in healthy cell cycles and in cardiovascular health while maintaining normal cholesterol and glucose levels. Research suggests that taking green tea extract before a workout can increase the level of fat-burning your body experiences. Green tea also can help speed up recovery after an intense workout and reduce the markers of muscle damage because it contains L-theanine, which helps increase fat burning.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid or ALA increases performance and helps shuttle nutrients faster to your muscles. It plays a key role as one of the best antioxidants available and helps deliver creatine, carbohydrates, and other essential nutrients to your muscle tissue, which is necessary for increasing your strength and endurance as well as maintaining muscle size. It can also help extend your workout time and improve your muscle strength.
- Cordyceps is a mushroom ingredient that supports your cardiovascular performance, healthy cell renewal, and glucose levels. Cordyceps can increase the amount of oxygen in the body and reduce the feeling of fatigue. Many active people use cordyceps to get the most out of their workouts because it provides the boost you need to work out longer and return to the gym more often.
- Selenomethionine is an amino acid that cannot be produced by the body and so it must come from your diet or through supplements for maintaining performance. Selenomethionine is easier for your body to absorb and twice as likely to store active selenium to help you protect your red blood cells and membranes from the effects of redox imbalance. It also helps to boost your immune system and acts as an antioxidant. It combines with proteins in your body to help protect your DNA and your thyroid.
- Bilberry is a fruit extract that is rich in polyphenols, which reduce the effects of muscle damage and inflammation when you exercise. It also helps lower blood sugar levels and helps increase insulin secretion. It is full of vitamin C and other antioxidants that help manage your cholesterol levels, and blood pressure, and reduce inflammation. Bilberry also helps with digestive issues as the tannins and pectins from the berries reduce inflammation in your digestive tract which in turn helps relieve indigestion.
A supplement designed for your lifestyle
Every ingredient in VIA® LifeMax was chosen for its longevity and performance-enhancing effect on your body. This non-GMO, gluten-free supplement does not contain any dairy, egg, fish, nuts, wheat, or soy. Best of all, it has all the ingredients you need for an active lifestyle, promotes longevity, supports cardiovascular health, reduces inflammation, and supports your immune system. This specialized blend of ingredients helps slow down cellular aging and maintain cellular health so your muscles, bones, and body can thrive before, during, and after your physical activity. See why people around the world choose ASEA® VIA® products for their supplement needs.